The minimum academic qualifications* required for the postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship are:
|Typically 2.2 degree or higher
||Typically 2.2 degree or higher (preferably related to the subject you intend to teach)
|GCSE grade 4 (previously grade C) in English, mathematics and Science
||GCSE grade 4 (previously grade C) in English and mathematics
Original certificates for your degree and GCSE subjects or equivalents, will need to be brought with you to the interview. If you are in your final year of study for your degree, please enter a predicted grade.
*If your qualifications were not gained in the UK, you can visit the National Academic Register Centre (NARIC) website to find out whether your qualifications are considered to be equivalent to UK GCSEs and degrees.
Before being accepted onto the Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship, all apprentices must satisfy the DfE requirements with regards to health and capacity to teach. You will be required to complete a confidential medical questionnaire if you are offered a place on our apprenticeship.
We are required by statutory guidance to make specific safeguarding checks on everyone we place in schools and we undertake the following documentary checks as part of our programme registration process.
We check your identity against the DBS approved list of documents, most commonly:
- Photo driving licence (UK)
- Utility bill or bank statement (dated in the last 3 months)
Right to Work in the UK
- Valid or Expired UK/EU passport or
- Non-EU passport with visa and Biometric Residence Permit or
- EU National ID card or
- Full UK birth certificate and NI number or
- Certificate of Naturalisation and NI number
Criminal Record Check
- Enhanced DBS Enclosure from Protocol Education dated within 12 months or
- Enhanced DBS Enclosure with valid Update Service subscription
- Overseas Police Check (where applicable)
- Checked as part the Enhanced DBS Check and then re-checked annually
Prohibition from Teaching Orders
- Checked against the DfE database
Childcare Disqualification (and Disqualification by Association)
- A signed declaration as part of the application process
Entry References (2 required)
- Most recent employer (from head, deputy or head of department)
- One other professional reference
- University tutor and references from school placements (work-based and volunteering)
- Non-school references and character references are accepted where you have not previously worked in schools.